Describe what you have done collaboratively to successfully accomplish a goal. Be sure to include your role on the team.
1. Why do you want to pursue your dental education at New York University?
Founded in 1865, NYU College of Dentistry is the third oldest and the most comprehensive oral healthcare center in the US, educating nearly 10 percent of our nation’s dentists. NYU offers professional training leading to the D.D.S. degree, as well as advanced education in the dental specialties
6. The School of Dentistry seeks to identify applicants who not only demonstrate academic and professional promise, it also seeks those whose background and life experiences enrich the diversity of the student body and the spirit of inclusion. One’s background and life experiences help form their unique perspectives on many things and add to the diversity of each dental school class. Please describe what you feel is the most important element of diversity that you would bring to the school and your class.
7. Many in our community are unable to access dental care for many reasons (e.g., no insurance, limited financial resources, lack of providers who accept public insurance). What role do you see yourself playing to address access to care dilemmas while you are in school and in your post-graduate career?
8. In your opinion, is there an area in your application that you think is not an adequate representation of you or your abilities, or may be preceived as a weakness?
2. What about the University of Washington School of Dentistry’s predoctoral program aligns with your career and/or personal goals and motivates your desire to apply?
3. Describe what you have done collaboratively to successfully accomplish a goal. Be sure to include your role on the team.
4. Please briefly describe a significant setback or challenge you have faced. What have you learned from it, and how have you applied those lessons learned in becoming the person you are today?
5. Of the extracurricular, community service and/or employment activities you have participated in over the last few years, please choose one and tell us the most important thing you learned about yourself and how you are applying what you have learned in your personal growth.