2,000 words essay based on a case study given below.
All references should be peer-reviewed, no websites to be referenced at all. 1 reference per 100 words.
Activity 1 – Essay (worth 35% of total marks):
The essay will allow students to apply clinical reasoning to patient care. You are asked to write an essay based upon any one (1) of the four (4) case studies that will be distributed in class. The case studies will focus upon those diseases listed in the teaching timetable.
You must include the following information in the essay:
1. A brief overview of the epidemiology of the disease
2. Discuss the key areas of your pre-hospital management of the patient, using a collection of local, national and international guidelines (select 1 other Australian states guidelines and 1 other international ambulance service)
3. Discuss the key areas of hospital management of the patient in the case study
4. Outline and justify the importance of communication during the patient contact
• You must provide an evidence-based discussion by using peer-reviewed journal articles to support the discussion.
• Maximum of 2,000 words (allowance of 10% either side)
• Referencing style should be APA