Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing – Case studyClick here and consider this done.
Judie has been the nurse manager of her unit for the past ten years and is highly regarded by the hospital’s administration. For the past several months, however, she has been feeling more frustrated and less satisfied with her work because of staffing cuts and other institutional decisions related to Managed Care. Attending to patient needs has always been the most rewarding part of her job. However, recently she feels that she has been forced to overlook these needs and attend more to the needs of the organization. She considers leaving, but she has seniority, good benefits, and two children to support. She is also aware that her distress at work is affecting her family, because she carries a lot of the frustration home with her.
Below are the questions that should be answered in your Week 5 Case Study. Each section should be clearly identified with a heading. Page 2 should have a title. The paragraph below the title should be your introduction. Do not use the word – Introduction. I have provided after each question a suggested heading. If you have any questions, please call me at 409-988-1868.
1. Summarize the case in the introduction. – The summary goes after the title. The word Introduction is not used.
2. Identify values evident in this situation – Values Identified in Case Study
3. Which of these reflect your personal values? – Personal Values
4. What conflicts might arise from these values? – Conflicts Related to the Values
5. What do you think Judie should do? – Recommendations for Judie
6. If you were in Judie’s position, what beliefs, ideals, or goals would guide you in making the decision to stay or leave? Identify potential consequences of each choice. – Personal Decision related to the Case Study
7. Conclusion – Conclusion